How Can I Cure My Dog’s Ear Infection At Home?
You can actually use Coconut oil to treat a dog’s ear infection at home. And in this article, we share 7 best home remedies to help you cure your dog’s ear infection at home using essential oils like:
- Coconut oil for dog ear infection
- Oregano Oil for treating acute dog ear infection.
- Margosa oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Aloe Vera Gel
A dog’s ear infection will occur when bacteria or fungus enters your dog’s ear causing inflammation and irritation. Much like when your dog is feeling itchy, he may chew his paws or tail due to skin allergies, your dog’s infection will cause severe ear itching and often end up with the dog scratching her ears to a bleeding point.
Dog ear infections are classified into two main categories:
Acute dog ear infection
These are those every now and then infections that can happen as a result of your dog’s floppy ears or your dog loves to play in the water.
Chronic dog ear infection
These are infections that continuously reoccur and are more likely to be caused by an overgrowth of the yeast
related to bacteria.
Lifestyle, allergies, and genetics are the three main causes of dog ear infection.
If you notice your dog whimpering, scratching it’s eating or shaking its head incessantly or if you see a bloody discharge with the odor coming from the ears, your dog is likely to have an ear infection.
Here are the top 7 best natural home remedies to cure dog ear infection at home, these remedies have all been tried and tested and are very effective.
The ingredients are inexpensive and you might just have some of them in your kitchen.
USE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR TO TREAT YOUR DOG’S EAR INFECTION
[thrive_link color=’orange’ link=’https://amzn.to/2OqNfRb’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’aligncenter’]check price on amazon[/thrive_link]
Apple cider vinegar has acetic acid which helps remove dirt and debris from the dog’s ears, it kills both bacteria and yeast.
NOTE: If your dog had red, sore ears, do not use the apple cider vinegar, because it will become very painful to him.
How to use:
- Take your apple cider vinegar and put it in a glass with equal parts distilled water
- Then Squirt a little of it in your dog’s ear or you can as well soak a cotton ball in the vinegar and water solution and then gently cleanses the affected area.
USE COCONUT OIL FOR THE EAR INFECTION
[thrive_link color=’orange’ link=’https://amzn.to/2J0GNui’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’aligncenter’]check price on amazon[/thrive_link]
Coconut oil is an easy natural medicine to cure dog ear infection and the best part is that it’s safe to use also inexpensive.
When a dog has an ear infection, many dog owners tend to turn to expensive antibiotics which may also have side effects. So if you are looking for something organic, simple and of course inexpensive but effective, you can as well use nature’s very own coconut oil.
Coconut oil contains properties that may help treat dog ear infection, the medium-chain fatty acids include an antifungal property that kills the infection, it also has anti-inflammatory properties in case your dog has developed sores.
How to use:
- You can add coconut oil to your dog’s food or apply it to the affected.
- To apply the coconut oil directly on the affected area, you’ll first need to wipe the affected area with apple cider vinegar and water mixture in the same ratio.
- Let the skin dry and then rub the coconut oil into the affected area.
- Repeat the procedure every day for three weeks for the infection to completely clear.
USE MULLEIN TO CURE YOUR DOG’S EAR INFECTION
[thrive_link color=’orange’ link=’https://amzn.to/2OrP2Fu’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’aligncenter’]check price on amazon[/thrive_link]
Mullein is a plant used in medicine a lot and is also used in the flavoring of alcoholic beverages and it’s also best known for its properties that can help cure dog ear infection.
Applying mullein oil on the scabs and crusts of the dog’s ear will sooth the itching sensation and will heal the infection in a short period of time.
How to use:
- You’ll need one head of garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of dried mullein leaves
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- The next step is to warm the oils on a double boiler and then out the garlic cloves in it and make sure you keep the boiler on low heat
- Then you’ll allow it to slowly cook for 4 hours and then after that strain the mixture with a cheesecloth making sure there’s no piece of garlic left in the infused blend.
- Finally, you’ll need to store the oil in a dropper bottle and then every day you’ll have to use just 2 drops on the dog’s infected ear, use it two times a day.
Your dog will feel relief the first time you apply those drops on its ear.
In the following weeks, the infection will completely clear.
USE OREGANO OIL TO TREAT DOG EAR INFECTION AT HOME
[thrive_link color=’orange’ link=’https://amzn.to/2RVRMsN’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’aligncenter’]check price on amazon[/thrive_link]
The oil of oregano is another very effective natural way to get rid of dog’s ear infection. However, it should never be used undiluted on the dog’s ear because it can cause irritation.
How to use:
- You must add one drop of oregano oil to 1/2 Oz of pure Aloe Vera juice
- Drop a small amount of the mixture onto your dog’s ear or soak it in a cotton ball and scrub the ear flap with it.
USE CALENDULA TO CURE YOUR DOG’S EAR INFECTION
[thrive_link color=’orange’ link=’https://amzn.to/2Ourujy’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’aligncenter’]check price on amazon[/thrive_link]
Calendula oil is distilled from the flower food, it is also known as pot marigold and is a member of the sunflower family.
Calendula has anti-fungal properties as well, it can be used in the treatment of Candida in the digestive tract.
Calendula can also be applied to the dog’s ear infection. Beyond your dog’s ear infection, Calendula with also helps your dog’s skin scabs where fleas have left them on your dog following a flea infestation.
How to use Calendula:
- To Use calendula for the dog’s ear infection, place a couple of tablespoons of the dried calendula herb in a container with a cup of boiling water.
- Allow it to steep and when it’s cool, strain the calendula out if the water.
- Put the calendula tea in a spray bottle and then spray it onto your dog’s ear to relieve itching and irritation or just soak a cloth with the calendula and apply directly to the affected area then leave to dry.
- For fast results, repeat the procedure every day.
USE MARGOSA OIL TO TREAT YOUR DOG’S EAR INFECTION
[thrive_link color=’orange’ link=’https://amzn.to/2NMF6Bo’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’aligncenter’]check price on amazon[/thrive_link]
The margosa oil has antimicrobial properties that are best known to cure dog’s ear infection.
How to use:
Mix 1/2 teaspoon of tea oil and 1 Oz margosa oil and then put 10 – 20 drops of this ear cleanser into the dog’s ears once a day for two weeks.
This home remedy will soothe the inflammation and provide relief if the symptoms.
USE ALOE VERA GEL TO TREAT YOUR DOG’S EAR INFECTION
[thrive_link color=’orange’ link=’https://amzn.to/2ECfNCX’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’aligncenter’]check price on amazon[/thrive_link]
Aloe Vera gel is also very effective in curing a dog’s ear infection.
[thrive_posts_list category=’100′ title=”” no_posts=”15″ filter=”popular” thumbnails=”on”]