Dog Dandruff Olive Oil
Dog dandruff is not an uncommon condition in dogs. Dog dandruff is also called seborrhea which usually is the cause of dandruff in dogs.
There are two types of this condition; the primary seborrhea is usually rare and genetically passed down, while the secondary seborrhea is one of common dandruff in dogs.
Even the secondary seborrhea is as a result of some hidden causes like dog allergies or other dogs skin problems, which makes your dog usually restless with the dog skin itchy.
Causes Of Dog Dandruff
There are a number of things that cause dandruff in dogs:
- Allergen-related triggers ( food and environmental factors)
- Irritants ( such as pollen, dust, household cleaners, fleas saliva)
- Endocrine disorders ( Cushing’s disease and hypothyroidism)
- Bacteria or fungal infections
- Internal and external parasites
- Dog’s diet disorder (not drinking enough water, not getting enough fat, minerals, and vitamins)
- Cheyletiella mites (walking dandruff, it burrow into your dog’s skin and coat and lay their eggs making the dog feel restless)
- Bad grooming (improper cleaning, irregular brushing, lack of skin oil application)
- Temperature and humidity levels (winter time, spring and summer for dogs with seasonal allergies due to the low humidity levels)
When there are low levels of moisture in the air, it absorbs moisture from paws skin causing the itching, flaking and scratching just same as spring and summer.
Some of the Symptoms And Signs of Dandruff in Dogs
Some of the signs of dog dandruff are dry skin, flaky skin (these are dead cells flacking out).
Dog itching and scratching
Dog hair loss and baldness (canine cushing’s disease)
Scabs, bumps, and pimples
Dog Dandruff Treatment
Dog Dandruff Olive Oil
Olive oil serves as a moisturizer for your dog skin coat. You can just rub it into your dog’s fur and skin, you can do this every day.
Organic Olive Oil – Dry Skin Body and Hair Moisturizer
[thrive_link color=’green’ link=’https://amzn.to/2OcTxQa’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’aligncenter’]buy from amazon[/thrive_link]
This organic extra virgin is cold pressed and natural unrefined which has the highest nutrient retention to fight dog dandruff. It is high in vitamin E and A antioxidants, for healthy, glowing dog skin. Apply or rub just a few drops of olive oil for a soothing, moisturizing massage.
Dog Dandruff Coconut Oil
Raw Virgin Coconut Oil for Skin and Hair
[thrive_link color=’green’ link=’https://amzn.to/2p1XgoC’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’aligncenter’]buy from amazon[/thrive_link]
Use this coconut oil to treat and repair your dog dandruff. This help to clear skin dryness, flakes and other dandruff related problems on dog skin.
Lime Juice Rinse For Dog Dandruff
Lime juice has some vitamins including vitamin C which helps with dog dandruff. You can mix an equal amount of lime juice with water and rinse your skin bathing with shampoo. Try using an oatmeal shampoo.
Real Lime Juice
[thrive_link color=’green’ link=’https://amzn.to/2xdDwSL’ target=’_self’ size=’medium’ align=’aligncenter’]buy from amazon[/thrive_link]
[thrive_posts_gallery category=’1′ title=”You May Also Like This” no_posts=”10″ filter=”popular”]