Dog Ate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Dog Ate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Dogs eating chocolate chip cookies is not your primary problem here, and if you are worried about your dog wolfing Chocolate, it is a justified worry over a pet that is so vulnerable to chocolate toxicities.
But I want you to understand why chocolate maybe dangerous to your dog. Dogs can have a sneaky nibble of chocolate, and you wont even notice any change to their health, behavior or except for being windy and those doggie farts can stink like hell.

Why chocolate has earned a reputation with dogs is simply because, in addition to having a high-fat content, chocolate also contains caffeine and theobromine.

It is these two compounds which have what is known to be nervous system stimulants that can be nasty and toxic to your dog only if the consumption of that chocolate was anywhere near the high amounts over their body weight.

The other thing is different types of chocolate, pause different levels of dangers dependant on what amount of caffeine and theobromine is found in the chocolate in question.

Dark cooking chocolate would obviously vary in caffeine levels to other different types of chocolate. While all have caffeine present, white chocolate has the lowest concentration of stimulants, and baking chocolate or cacao beans have the highest concentration.

Only sneaky dogs like our Tess here, dare to raid on mummy and daddy’s chocolate stash. However, if your dog has been naughty and ate chocolate chip cookies, I wouldn’t panic in the first place, it surely would take a significant amount of chocolate to have any form of bad reaction to eating chocolate chip cookies.

What you need to do is check the quantity of chocolate eaten and how much does your dog weigh. It would take a lot of chocolate wolfing to affect a dog of my Tess’s size, and the same applies to your dog too. Much more than what is present in the cookies so you shouldn’t have anything to worry about.

The other thing to consider here is their safety as well, how secure is your dog from self-harm in case you leave your pet at home all alone? Here’s a link with more about keeping that dog away from chocolate toxins with these simple dogproof bins and food storage.

  • [easyazon_link identifier=”B0721LGK95″ locale=”US” tag=”gradecmedia-20″]Dog-proof kitchen bin[/easyazon_link]
  • [easyazon_link identifier=”B00DNMJW9M” locale=”US” tag=”gradecmedia-20″]Simplehuman bin[/easyazon_link]
  • [easyazon_link identifier=”B01LZGFR54″ locale=”US” tag=”gradecmedia-20″]Lockable kitchen bin[/easyazon_link]
  • [easyazon_link identifier=”B004PU7SBU” locale=”US” tag=”gradecmedia-20″]Simplehuman lid lock bin[/easyazon_link]
  • [easyazon_link identifier=”B06X9XBGL3″ locale=”US” tag=”gradecmedia-20″]Labrador proof bin[/easyazon_link]
  • [easyazon_link identifier=”B002FXI3U4″ locale=”US” tag=”gradecmedia-20″]Kitchen bin with lock[/easyazon_link]
  • [easyazon_link identifier=”B004PU7YFA” locale=”US” tag=”gradecmedia-20″]Simplehuman pet food bin[/easyazon_link]

When dogs eat chocolate chip cookies, the worse case scenario possible is probably severe vomiting and yellowish dog diarrhea. These significant consequences to the dog eating chocolate is likely to develop over the next day or so.

I would feed her a regular meal of dog food right now to “dilute” out the cookies and then monitor her closely. If you have more questions about your dog, please let me know by submitting your question in the comment box below this article.

Recent Posts